Vision Therapy Resources
Whether you are a parent, potential patient, educator, or a healthcare professional looking for information on vision therapy, COVD is pleased to provide you with the information you need. COVD is a non-profit, international membership association of eye care professionals including optometrists, optometry students, and vision therapists. Established in 1971, COVD provides board certification for optometrists and vision therapists. Learn more about vision therapy on the COVD Website!
- New Horizon School (NHS) -Located in Renton, has 4th-12th grade education that is accessible to students with learning disabilities, ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorder, disorders of executive function and other learning differences.
- Publications by Dr. Press in the Journal of Behavioral Optometry
- An excellent overview of optometric vision therapy oriented toward parents.
- A wonderful interactive site with information about binocular vision and vision therapy.
- Extensive compilation of links related to Attention Deficit Disorder and the role of vision.
- An article written by Dr. Press to help teachers and school nurses understand the link between vision and school performance.
- Resolution by the National PTA on the importance of visual skills to school achievement, and the inadequacy of 20/20 eyesight as a sign that vision is fine.
- Resolution by the NAACP on the contribution of poor visual skills to juvenile delinquency. Includes key statements by two ophthalmologists acknowledging the ignorance in their field about the benefits of optometric vision therapy.
- Synopsis from a Harvard Graduate School of Education seminar on the crucial role of vision in learning.
- An interview with Dr. Donald Getz on the role of vision in ADD in particular, and on performance in general.
- A concise summary regarding visual dyslexia, showing that there no doubt that vision problems can seriously affect the ability to learn to read as well as read to learn.
- Very nice website from Children’s Vision Information Network about vision and reading.
- This is the vision therapy blog written by the visionhelp.com doctors about topics related to developmental vision, vision rehabilitation, brain-based vision, and vision therapy.
- Excellent Information on 3D vision in the education field and entertainment industry, distributed by the American Optometric Association.
- A delightful and informative blog written by Susan R. Barry, Ph.D., also known as “Stereo Sue.”
- Formerly developed by Catalyst Vision, these are a series of online video courses that are oriented toward occupational therapists and educators who want to gain a greater understanding of vision as it applies to success in the classroom.
Icons made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com is licensed by CC BY 3.0
Contact Hope Clinic to begin the process of learning how Vision Therapy can help you or your child! Hope Clinic offers two online options: Schedule a Free Screening or Schedule a Full Functional Vision Evaluation, or call us at (425) 462-7800.